Sunday, June 24, 2012

Samantha's Cricut Creations 1st Anniversary blog hop

Welcome to Samantha's Cricut Creations 1st anniversary blog hop!

If you have just hopped on the tour, please go to Samantha's blog at http://www.samanthascricutcreations.blogspot.com to start at the beginning. If you have arrived from Mallika's, www.missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.com you are in the right place.

The hop theme today is crafty anniversary. I took me awhile to decide on what to prepare to celebrate Samantha's first anniversary with her blog. And what a fantastic blog it is, I might add! She has so many great ideas and has come a long way in the past year with her blog. So, I finally decided on a HUGE shout out to her for her special day. Hope you enjoy and Congratulations Samantha!!

Base of Card


Owl from Cricut Cartridge Paisely .







inside of card




Recipe for card my "Woot Woot" card:

Base-7 1/2 x 10 1/2 (folded and scored in half)
-printed paper from page 38 of the Cricut Imagine cartridge Enjoy the Seasons

Owl- cut out at 3 3/4" from the Cricut cartridge Paisley page 42 (I pop dotted each layer)
-Flower - cut at 1" (pop dotted)
-goggly eyes
-bling
-faux stiching
-inked the edges

Branch- cut out at 3 3/4" from Cricut cartridge Create a Critter page 25
- embossed with Distressing stripes Cuttlebug folder
-Leaves were crinkled and ink distressed with Tim Holtz Wild Honey ink

"Woot Woot" - cut out at 1" from the Paisley Cricut cartridge page 43
- ink distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo

Inside the card I used the Owl shadow and layered "Happy Blogiversary" over the top.

"Happy Blogiversary" was cut using the Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge and my Gypsy. They were cut out at 1.82" I also ink distressed them to help them stand out.

Well that is it for me today. I hope you enjoy your time here with me, but you still have one more stop to make before Samantha's Hop is done. The next stop on the hop is Amy's. You can find her at www.scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com.


Here is the entire list of the Blog Hop in case you just hopped on...

  1. Samantha www.samanthascricutcreations.blogspot.com
  2. Chris www.snowboundchris.blogspot.com
  3. Erica www.mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
  4. Jenn www.scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com
  5. Paula www.morethanfavors.blogspot.com
  6. Laura www.laurascraftsandmore.com
  7. Jenny www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com
  8. Elizabeth www.217creations.com
  9. Cori www.createdbycori.blogspot.com
  10. Mallika www.missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.com
  11. Tess www.hiltonlife.blogspot.com
  12. Amy E www.scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping. And if you are interested in some 'SURPRISE blog candy', become a follower of my page and help me think of a name for my personal crafting blog I will be switching over too. Don't forget your contact information in case you win.
Hope to see you soon!

Tess










1 comment:

  1. love your owl card! owls are my favorite!!! happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...I love to read each and every comment!