Monday, October 22, 2012

My Cricut Craftroom-Would You Ever Guess Wednesday

 
Happy Wednesday ya'll!! 
 
Welcome to my project for My Cricut Craft Room's Design Team.  My challenge for using gel pens or markers came at the right time.  I just started a new Bible Study and our handouts come with three holes punched in our papers.   So, being the 'wanna be' organized person that I am, I decided a three ring binder was the way to go....  Make that a 'Cricut' decorated three ring binder.
 
Here is a  photo of my completed binder.  I love the way it turned out!   

 
I started out cutting down my Creative Memories Christian paper to fit the binder, front and back.   I used the New Testament cartridge for my scripture.  I used my Cri-Kits black gel pen instead of my cutting blade to write out the above scripture verse at 6",  you will find the verse on page 62 of the  New Testament handbook.  The letters are colored in with my Prisma watercolored pencils and I inked the white cardstock with Tim Holtz's grape, adn old paper distressed inks.

 
You will find this cross on the New Testament cartridge, also.  It is on page 59.   Again, I used the black gel pen to print out a border for the cross and  then cut it out at 5".    I used white cardstock so I could color in the cross outline with my Prisma Pencil, then outlined the areas I left white with my crystal colored Stickles.
 
Lacy Labels was used to cut out my label for "BSF", Bible Study Fellowship.  I liked the shape of the label and the swirl for the one labeled "family".    I cut these out at 2".  I cut out the word 'family' and kept the swirl.  Then I cut out the letters "BSF" with my Expression 2, using the pre-installed  Cricut Alphabet cartridge.    To match my yellow colors,  I also, colored  my letters  using the Prisma pencils and then  inked the sides.  I also embossed the label with my Cuttlebug, added some stickles and a sheer ribbon.
 
Lastly, I used my Cricut Imagine with the printable vinyl.  Using the Storybook and Imagine Hopscotch cartridges,  I printed out the word "Genesis" and a filled in shadow frame.  Sorry, I forget what page.  Which I adhered to the side of my binder.

 
Thanks again for stopping by.  I'd love to hear from you, so leave me a comment or two and don't forget to see the other project ideas the design team came up with today.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the use of your gel pens!!! Your card is beautiful
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cross very pretty.

    MCCR DT, LIsa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Thanks for all the useful ideas for the gel pens--I really want to use mine more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Turmed out so pretty with the gel pens and stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really fabulous project Tess!! Love out you did the scripture in the pen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is a great way to keep all those wonderful bible studies... what a wonderful dressed up folder... I think the BSF founder would be proud! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...I love to read each and every comment!