Thursday, September 13, 2012

Theme Day Thursday

 
Happy International Chore Day!! 
 For our projects today, the Design Team was asked to make something for someone's lunch. 
How sweet and fun is that idea?!
 
All along I had this cute 3x3 card I was going to make and put in my
 children's lunches using the new Create a Critter 2 cartridge.  But when I went to make the cards, I came across the My Community Cricut Cartridge.  Became sidetracked, and started reviewing it again, just for fun, or so I thought .....  Can you guess were this is going.... Yep, I  totally changed my project at the last minute. 
  
Below is my final Lunch Time Puzzle project.
 
 

 I did not want to use the whole puzzle that is available, so I cut the four pieces that would fit together.  I started out first cutting a cereal box at fit to page and then covered them in Colorbok  Glitter paper, and inking the the sides with Tim Holtz's  VictorianVelvet.   Using the Locker Talk Cricut Cartridge I cut out '2nd grade' at 2" and added some green stickles glitter.  The Lunch Time die cut is cut from page 11 from the My Community Cricut Cartridge at 1.75" with some stickles for an added sparkle.  Lastly, I used the Hannah Montana Cartridge to cut out the guitar at 1", added some pink stickles and the 'You Rock" sentiment from Pink By Design, Enjoy the Journey stamp set.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Go get Crafting and enjoy!
 
Hugs !!!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Very cute project, love the puzzle pieces!

    Susie
    MCCR DT Sis
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun puzzle...very sweet lunch additon.
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project. what a wonderful idea and a great lunch box addition!
    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...I love to read each and every comment!