Tuesday, September 25, 2012

WYEG Wednesday

Hey everyone,
 
Today is Would You Ever Guess Wednesday at My Cricut Craft Room. The theme for today was to create a project in black in white with some pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month and to use any feature key with our cartridges. The black and white is for National Shamu Day.  

My project for today is an Anniversary card for my best friend and her husband.  I used only black and white paper and the Sweethearts Cartridge.  I chose the Card feature on page 53, the Tandum bicycle.  My best friend and her husband love to bike ride, so I thought this would be cute for them. 
 
I cut the card out with Bazzill black card stock at fit to page, then layered the inside with  a plain white cardstock  and a behind the hearts and bike I placed a black and white  printed paper. I did highlight the edges of the bike with Pink ink.  I also added some pearls to parts of the bike for some fancy bling.

 
The hearts are filled in with Crystal stickles and Happy Anniversary is from page 70. It is cut out at 1.5 and inked in pink, in honor of Breast Cancer awareness. And I wrapped a white ribbon with silver edging around the card.

 
The inside of the card says "Congratulation's on Riding in Tandum for Eleven Years".
 
I hope you enjoyed this black and white feature challenge.  Don't forget to check out my other design team sisters and their ideas using black and white and the other features on our Cricut Cartridges.  You never know what might inspire you.  :)
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the bicycle! Super cute card!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW cute is this???? I LOVE the little details you added to this card! And the sentiment inside that you said you did made me chuckle!!! SUPER CUTE!!

    Crafty Hugs,

    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card Tess! I love the bicycle and the sentiment combo. What a great sentiment!
    TFS!
    Claire
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Perfect card for bike lovers. I like that you have the white paper behind the cut out. It looks great.

    Nadja MCCRDT Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't wait to get it in the mail. So cute! I have a month to return the favor...better get busy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...I love to read each and every comment!